My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 12, 2010

ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD

I tried, in a sober and non-confrontational fashion, to respond to C's comment about my atheist rant. I wrote a long reply, and clicked on "publish." The Binary God who inhabits cyberspace chose to mock me by posting my reply three times ["What I say to you three times is true."] Those who are alert to such signs may make of this what they will. My faith in reason is shaken but not destroyed.

5 comments:

GTChristie said...

You can get rid of the extra ones by clicking the little trashcan icon at the end of the comment. Choose "delete forever" when prompted.

And you can delete this "mea culpa" post as well, if you want to. Go to "Design" next to the Sign In link, upper right. Go to Dashboard. To the right of your profile, choose Edit Posts. Place a checkmark next to the post name you want to delete and choose Delete over there on the right. (Make sure you are clicking Delete on the correct line/title!) Done.

Before the rest of the world wakes up. =)

--GC

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Wow. Thank you. That just about doubles my knowledge of how this thing works. You must be several decades younger than I am , at least. :)

GTChristie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GTChristie said...

You are very welcome. =)

I'll be 60 in two weeks. To read the only bit of personal history I've posted, use this link: (May 2010 series "A Call to Reason")

http://hypermoxie.blogspot.com/2010/05/nuked-at-age-six-yeehah.html

Please read the final edit of "Digging Deeper: Marx & Wolff" which is reposted with today's date (09/12). I must apologize that I often post before I'm satisfied with the output and your "discovery" of The Moxie Files was a bit awkward timing. That post is finished now.

I know you will not like the post, but I am not the expert on Marx that you are, and I'm especially interested in any relevant drubbing you might dish out because of my ignorance. LOL.

A happy day to you and yours. My friends call me GC. Please do.

Jude said...

Dear Robert,
I really enjoyed your rant and would like to agree. Last Sat at our local market someone was going on about "those evil Muslims' so I suggested we bring back 10am burnings at the stake in the town square for heretics. Stony (no pun intended!) silence. The veneer of modernity of all these religions is paperthin. Jude