My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

BAD NEWS

Now I learn that Google, long a supporter of the Democratic Party, has started pouring money into Republican coffers and right wing think tanks. I think I am going to kill myself.

5 comments:

Matthew J. Brown said...

Bad news, indeed. I thought Google's corporate policy was "Don't Be Evil."

Chris said...

I thought having a corporate policy was inherently evil...

Andrew Lionel Blais said...

I see the story after having used Google to find it, but where did you see it? Also, Google is not the only search engine or email service. So, it could be time to start shifting our internet habits; these things have a way of proliferating.

Andrew Lionel Blais said...

There are many search engines it seems. Check this out, pick one and contribute to a decline in Google's influence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines

Jim said...

I stopped using Google after learning that they attempt to tailor search results to what they believe to be the interests of each individual searcher. As an experiment, try searching for the same thing on two different computers. You will probably wind up with different results in different hierarchies. This practice is fully explored by Eli Pariser in his book, "The Filter Bubble: What the Internet is Hiding from You". Other search engines engage in similar practices. The search engine I use which tends to avoid this type of practice is Dogpile.