My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

THERE AND BACK AGAIN

I am home, after crossing the continent to see my grandchildren.  It will probably come as no surprise that I consider six year old Samuel and three year old Athena to be the most darling children the world has ever seen [although I feel compelled, distressing though it is to me, to report that Athena cheats at CandyLand -- she looks at the cards and picks the ones she wants, rather than taking what comes up randomly.  Sigh.  Despite that fact, I did succeed in winning one game of CandyLand, although I never did have much success with Chutes and Ladders.]

While I was away, Obama issued a strongly worded challenge to the Supreme Court.  I would dearly love to hear him echo Andrew Jackson's challenge to the court of his day.  ["John Marshall has made his ruling.  Now let him enforce it."]  We shall see.

2 comments:

Mitch said...

As the father of a five year old and a three year old, I play more than my fair share of both Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. I think the youthful cheating is a widespread phenomenon. Although, in the case of my three year old son it does not work; he only wants the "candy" cards and thus often causes himself to go backward.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

To be honest, I am quite sure she does not yet have the concept of cheating. She just looks through the cards to find one that she can use. Ah, to be able to recapture that innocence!