My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SOLUTION TO THE PUZZLE

The correct answer is 72.  Oh God, you are going to kill me.  Several New Yorkers got it right.  This is actually an old high school nerd joke.  They are the stops on the Northbound IRT subway line in Manhattan.  Congratulations to Gerald Dworkin, Andrew Blais, JCE, and M.  Maybe I should stick to commenting on the passing scene or writing lengthy tutorials.  My profound apologies to anyone who spent more than thirty seconds on it.

4 comments:

JCE said...

google told me the answer in less than 5 seconds

all bow before almighty, all-knowing google

ajrosa said...

That would be me!

Robert Paul Wolff said...

The really interesting question is this: Why shouldn't we consider Google a part of our brains, and treat its information as something we know? Lord knows, I can retrieve information from Google faster than I can retrieve it from my brain!

Jerry Fresia said...

I used to play a lot of baseball. In fact, I was a pitcher and had offers to sign. My problem was this: because I had an over powering fastball, I never really learned to "pitch." What I love about this blog is that you, Professor, are always pitching...as in a change of pace here and there, not to mention your various curves...and then, of course, there is the challenge: a 100 mph fast ball right down the middle. Go ahead kid, try and hit it!!