My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Dreadful Deceit

I have now finished A Dreadful Deceit, the extremely important new book by the great American historian Jacqueline Jones. I shall have a good deal more to say about it when I again have access to a functioning computer, in ten days, but I wanted to give you all a heads up that this is a brilliant book that anyone interested in questions of race and class in capitalist America should read.

2 comments:

Jerry Fresia said...

I hope, when you review "A Dreadful Deceit," that you explain why the author is a good teacher (assuming that she is).

And regarding the iPhone issue: I completely sympathize. On a recent trip, my wife and I decided to rely on her mini-iPad in lieu of dragging along a laptop. I hated it. Typing was too burdensome. I am now investigating light weight, foldable keyboards, such as this:

http://www.matias.ca/foldingkeyboard/ios/

Apparently, there is a broad range of such keyboards on the market, dedicated to those of us who resist typing on little touch screens.

Chris said...

Wolff, can you recommend any books that defend the Marxian notion that class is the ultimate determinant of the functions of capitalism, over and above race and sex?