My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ANOTHER BRILLIANT ESSAY BY MY YOUNGER SON, PROFESSOR TOBIAS BARRINGTON WOLFF

One of the great pleasures of my dotage is bragging about the astonishing accomplishments of my sons.  By now, anyone who is paying attention knows that I have two sons, Patrick Gideon Wolff and Tobias Barrington Wolff.  Tobias is the University of Pennsylvania Law Professor, a Civil Proceduralist and the leading gay legal rights theorist in America.  He has just written a devastating review of a new book by New York TIMES reporter Jo Becker.  It has now been published by The New Republic, and you can read it here.   As all the fathers out there will understand, I tend to take credit for all the remarkable things my sons do, so you will perhaps forgive me if I say that he gets his talent for satire from me.  hem hem

This is, I believe, an important essay.  It sets the record straight about the most important recent advance in Civil Rights in America, a subject that Booker managed to get entirely wrong.  Take a look at it and see what you think.

*******************

No sooner had I posted this than my son, ever a stickler for precision [these lawyers, you know] pointed out that although he might perhaps be considered one of the leading gay legal rights theorists in the country, it would not be true to say he is the leading gay legal rights theorist. 

I suppose he also will not permit me to say that he is the handsomest gay man in America.

I mean, if you can't go a bit over the top about your kids, what can you go over the top about?

Oh well, let us agree that he is one of the leading gay legal theorists and one of the handsome gay men in America.  There.  Who could possibly object to that?

No comments: